As we all know, the government taxes you on the money you make and the money you spend. I used to be a workaholic (hello 70-hour work weeks!) and a shopaholic (Macy’s and Victoria Secret were my BFF) so the government was getting tons of my money.
I thought to myself, “I wish I could get paid to do what I love”. What if I could get rewarded for my shopping hobby?
You can! Thanks to my amazing aunty (Linda, you are the queen of deals!) for hooking me up.
So here’s how it works:
- Download the ShopKick App. Click here to access my unique link.
- Put in the requested information. Choose what type of gift card you would like to receive when you acquire enough points.
- Take a look at all the stores included in the app. The walking symbol means you can get points just for walking into a store. The scanner symbol means you can get points for scanning certain items in the store. The receipt symbol means you can earn extra points for buying certain items and uploading your receipt.
- Open the shop kick app when you walk into the store to earn your points.
- Remember: you don’t have to purchase anything. You can get points just for walking into stores. Say what?
Here are some of the stores that give you points for walking in:
- Best Buy
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Charming Charlie
- And so many more!
I was in Orland Park the other day. I wanted to look at the jewelry in Charming Charlie’s store, and was rewarded with 75 points just for walking in! Then I had to get some toiletries from Target and I received 10 points. Shop Kick sent me an alert letting me know I was near Osh Kosh, Bestbuy, and American Eagle Outfitters so I walked into those stores and received additional walk in points.
I opened my app today and realized I had enough points to get a FREE Walmart gift card. Cha ching!
When I received 1,250 kicks, I was able to redeem for a $5 gift card. The redemption rate may be slightly different for various gift cards. The minimum you can redeem for is $2 or 500 kicks.
It feels good to be rewarded for crossing items off my “to-done” list!
Click on my referral link to get started.